Monday, September 15, 2008

Callings

So one of the benefits/drawbacks of being in a small-ish ward is that you get more than one opportunity to serve. I am currently teaching Rachel's Sunday School class, and am about to be sustained as the ward Choir director. Randy plays the piano for the Primary, and I will likely have him play for many of the choir numbers. As there aren't many singers in the ward, we are mostly in charge of doing musical numbers, and I will get to "rove" between auxiliaries leading them in their various musical numbers. It should be interesting.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I did not know that our ward also fell under the title of small-ish....maybe we just have a small-ish list of people that will accept a calling. :) I have been Musical Chairman for more than 3 years now and am also Activities Day Leader for more than 2 years now and recently was called as the Choristor (Misspelled) in the Spanish Sacrament Meeting. I roved between the various auxiliaries for about a year an a half while we did not have a choir....I am thankful that they finally got the remodeling done on our building so that we now have a choir again. Good luck with all yours!