Friday, June 18, 2010

New Beginning

Okay, so I got my new road bike yesterday. For anyone who doesn't know yet, my goal is to ride across the USA (Maine to CA) next year and then from Sicily to Milan in 2012 or 2013. Anyway, I got my new bike and I tested out the clip shoes/pedals this morning. They were a little weird at first, but I am anticipating having a quick adjustment and soon not being able to ride without them. The shoes feel tight at first, but they will break in quickly with the amount I will be riding for training.

I also worked out the training mileage and it should be doable. (increasing not more than 10% per week each week until I'm up to 600 miles per week) It's a lot of time on a bike, but what a goal, right???

Hope all is well with everyone, and y'all are happy. Oh, got a Wireless Bluetooth headset as well so that I can be listening to the Ipod/Iphone while I am riding & able to get calls.

No comments: