Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fail


Okay, day 2 on the bike was not what I had hoped/anticipated. The clips are going to take some serious getting used to. I had clipped in on the right side and was working on the left and forgot to pedal (the great thing about clips is you can push AND pull to pedal, making it possible to keep the bike moving while you find the other clip) and the bike stopped and I toppled over because I couldn't get unclipped on the right fast enough to catch myself. I got back up, straightened the brake, and clipped back in on the left (it seems that the right is easier to find, so why not start with the left clipped in first???) and jumped up on the seat, which I hadn't noticed was at a 30 degree angle or so as well. So that wouldn't do. I tried to pound it back into place, but it wouldn't budge. So then I went back to the house to try to adjust it with an alan wrench, but the sole alan wrench in our toolbox was way too big, so I can't adjust the seat until I buy tools. I had planned on a short ride, but that was a touch shorter than I had anticipated - I only made 44 meters. Tomorrow will be better. I'll take a picture of first blood, too - but not the bruise I'll have on my hip in the morning - some things will have to be left to the imagination.

No comments: