Monday, June 9, 2008

Well here is the schedule

This week is going to be a crazy one as far as schedule. The next seven days are wild. Between packing, Rachel and I go to Wicked on Thursday, the family goes to an Angels game on Friday, Catalina on Saturday, and then on Sunday Randy takes off for a training in Vegas. We were talking to a friend over the weekend, and he volunteered his wife and himself to watch the kids while I drove to Vegas to go see the Phantom of the Opera with Randy on Monday night. What a wild ride this is going to be! I will take Randy's car, and it will be quite a trip.

We pack in the meantime. The house has been inspected, and there are a couple of repairs the owner will need to fix before we move in, but they are relatively minor, so they shouldn't be a big deal. It will be nice to be homeowners again, even though it means a lot of responsibility and work. It has been frustrating on occasion to not have anything that we felt we should have to take care of, and that when we put the work in, we weren't just adding equity to someone else's bottom line.

Have had many ideas running through my head for how to set up the house, decorate the house, do the yard, etc. I just have to stay focused once I do get there, as it will be just me and the kids for a while. I don't want Randy to have to do a bunch of work when he comes on the weekend, as he works so hard during the week and will want to be playing, not just working with the family. Not that working with the family is a bad thing, but I am sure you understand what I want.

Things are good and things are wild. If anyone calls, just know that I am running around very focused, and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Love you all!

Jill

2 comments:

Amy Michelle said...

I am so glad things are working out for you guys so well. I hope you and Randy enjoy some time in Vegas.

hawkpete said...

Thanks! I am excited! How are things there?