Thursday, April 21, 2011

The answers...

As I descended from the canyon early this morning, I noticed small streams of light touching various parts of the valley floor. I knew that the portions still in the shadow of the majestic mountains surrounding my Salt Lake home would soon be aglow from the same light and quickly becoming warm - the faintest memory of the cold, dark night only lingering where trees create the slightest shadow.
It's like that.
Slowly the sun is beginning to send its revealing shards across my life. The snow is only there where I've piled it high enough I feared it would never melt - and only that in a small corner now. Soon all will be visible. I wonder if it will all make sense, or if there will still be great sections that are obscured - either by the enormity of the view or by my inability to process it all. I'm sure there will be things I still cannot understand.
But the answers are coming. I don't always like the answers, but they are coming. And having answers is better than being in the dark, even if the answers aren't pleasant. Not to mention that seeing most of them makes it much easier to work around the things that remain hidden, perhaps for the remainder of my life. But I can deal with the shadows knowing that there is light currently. So until the end of the current day, I will relish the answers; knowing there will be another dark night soon, but also knowing that when it seems least likely that the light will ever come, the sun will begin to crest the great Rockies again, and I will see another distinctly different picture.

2 comments:

Renee Hawkley said...

Stumbled on this today and am grateful I did. Thanks.

hawkpete said...

No worries! I'm glad you like it! I forgot having written it - wild that it was on my birthday.