Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thoughts on miracles and other such nonsense

I keep wanting to shout from the rooftops the multiple miracles I have been blessed to witness in the past 27 or so hours, and really, the past 30 days. Anyone reading may think that I am just wanting to see things as greater than they are - and you may have me pegged, at that, but the MIRACLES are unexplainable in any other way.
It was a miracle when David took down Goliath.
It was a miracle when Moses parted the water.
It was a miracle when Christ helped the blind man see.
It was a miracle when Ammon with boldness helped a mighty change occur in the hearts of his enemies.
In the past 30 days I have personally seen a giant fall at the slinging of a single stone; the water part to make a way for a change of venue; the blind man see; and with boldness a mighty change occur in what seemed to be the hardest of hearts.
And so I wonder...
Was I witnessing these miracles to remind me what has been wrought in my own life???
Have I not seen giants fall in order to make way for me when I was afraid?
Have I not been shown the way when I could not see?
Has someone not moved the immovable to make a clear path in order for me to cross at my most perilous hour?
Have I not experienced a mighty change in my own heart - from one that did not even WANT to believe to one who believes without doubt?
I have always known that miracles are real. They don't seem to happen very often - though it would sure be cool if they did! But if they did, then the commonplace of such things would take away their very nature of being miraculous. I just couldn't continue to go through my days without at least acknowledging that I have seen them. That they are real to me. That I see the Lord's hand in each of them. And that I am publicly and in all ways grateful for these amazing blessings in my life.
Thank you.

No comments: