Wednesday, July 14, 2010

let's try it again

Tried a couple of times to blog, but nothing saved - let's try it again.

Today I rode just over 11 miles. It wasn't too bad considering. My legs are tired and I am still a touch overweight to manage the uphills effectively, but as time goes on I know that will pass.

I have been manipulating the planned route for my ride, too - it's going to go through Salt Lake instead of through New Mexico & the tip of Texas. That way I can ride past Primary Children's Hospital and on through the canyon. It added a day of riding, but I think seeing people I know partway through will be a good shot in the arm for when I ride. I had a mini-fantasy this morning while riding that there was somebody about every half mile cheering me on & from about Lehi to the hospital, and that was fun. Not that I expect or anticipate it, but it would sure be a trip!

Anyway, the riding is getting more comfortable as I spend more time on the bike. I plan to get up earlier so I can be out riding before it gets hot in the future weeks & months. I can go much further if I'm not overheated.

No comments: