Thursday, October 1, 2009

HEY!

Well, apparently I can get on the blog from work, but I am only going to do that if I am off the clock, so that won't be often - and I can't post pix yet. We have moved into the new place, and it is fantastic. The phone gets installed sometime in the next 3 or so weeks, and then internet sometime after that. In the meantime, it is tough to get to unless we want to eat at McDonalds, and then we all fight for computer time (not really, but it brings new meaning to "Big Mac Attack"!

Anyway, work is hard, but pretty cool that I am doing something outside of the house for the first time in almost 10 years. I met the CEO (I think!) today, he walked past my desk and introduced himself, so that was interesting that he would come meet the newest member of the team - on purpose, anyway.

The kids start school next week, and they are getting excited about that. d'Artagnan has a campout coming up tomorrow, so they are out getting a sleeping bag and other necessities for that tonight. (Late night shopping at the KMart!) - They only have late night shopping on Thursday nights, and late night is defined as later than 5:00- they close at 7:30 I think.

Anyway, it is quite a whirlwind of activity at the Peterson's house across the mighty Pacific. Life is good, though, and we are certainly enjoying living in Paradise. It was cute the other day, Randy said "I love waking up here in Paradise - where most people who come here are on holiday (what they call vacation here) and for me it's Saturday!" Not exactly precise in my quote, but it was fun to remember that we are here for an extended period of time.

I have been too busy to actively miss anyone, but I have my moments when I miss each of you and wish you were here. Hope you have a great weekend - and rest of the week! Hey, just so everyone knows - the end of the world doesn't come tomorrow - tomorrow has already happened here!

1 comment:

ethan said...

Thanks for posting! I'm glad that you guys are enjoying yourselves. Let us know if the world ever does end tomorrow (it would be good to have a few hours notice).