Monday, May 5, 2008

Wichita

So I am here in Wichita (Derby, actually, a suburb of Wichita). I am staying with Amanda, Jon & the kids while Amanda is getting ready for radiation therapy next week. (the 14th)

They are doing well. I love their house. Jon did a bunch of the work on the basement (all except hanging the drywall, taping & texturing), and he did a fabulous job. I am very impressed. The kids are adjusting to the fact that mom won't be able to do as much as she usually does, and that is pretty huge for a 4 year old and a 2 year old. They are sweet.

They are right next to a lake, and there are a bunch of geese in the lake. They are pretty loud. I guess last winter they sounded like a cocktail party every night, as that is where they all came when they flew south for the winter, it seemed. It is beautiful, but I don't want to move here any time soon. When we landed, the outside temp was 45 or so, but the wind chill was 32 degrees - not the best for the flip flops I had worn on the plane. I like it a little warmer.

Hope everyone is doing well! Love you all, and will blog more later.

Jill

1 comment:

Amy Michelle said...

Please give every one hugs for me. Send my love to you all as well.